Lionsworth, Bastion of the South Human City Population 13,453
Lionsworth was once the hub of the human race, and considered the Capital of Lutharia. It achieved this position of power due to it’s amazing trade routes with the people of the Out islands. However, during the Beginning of the War of the Red seas in 1240, the Merovite’s, ruling family of the Human nation, were relocated to the Elven city of Chantador for their protection. By the end of the war, the City had been reduced to little more than a garrison for launching ships and marshaling forces to repel the Out Islander Invaders. After the End of the war, at the Battle of Blood Cove, the Merovite’s, instead of returning to Lionsworth, moved to Merekul and set about establish a new palace there.
After the Cataclysm in 1278, the Ruling council of Lionsworth, led by High Chaplin Maximillian Ravensworth of the Church of Tempus, marshaled the survivors under the banner of the Church. He instilled a powerful faith in the people, claiming that the wicked and decadent ways of the Elves has called down the wrath of the gods, and that their lives were spared so they could cleanse the world of evil. Within 20 years the zealotry of the Paladins of Lionsworth, also known as the Lions of Tempus, has spread unchecked. They have Patrolled the areas around Lionsworth, destroy all undead and bandit gangs in the area. In more recent time the Patrols have been pushing out further an further towards the Ruins of Chatador, and conflicts with the Greenskins of Ruurntal are becoming more and more frequent.